Monday, September 3, 2007

September!

I love the Fall! It is my absolute favorite time of year! I love the feel of getting back to schedules, the colors, the smells, the slight crisp in the air (ok, well it was 75 today, but soon!). Today Rylie, and I put out some of our fall and apple decorations. It felt so good to have a change. Rylie found some little apple candles and "decorated" with them all day. She put them in several different places, but primarily in her Halloween bucket from last year that was in one of the Fall boxes. In and out of that bucket they went, they were sorted, and counted for a good two hours. We also lit pumpkin spice candles and drenched ourselves with pumpkin lotion, both courtesy of our friend Becky! (Thanks for feeding into my Fall obsession!)
Tonight, after dinner, we went to Baskin Robbins, thanks to my Secret Sister (whomever you are) who gave me gift certificates. Rylie kept saying that her and Daddy were going to have chocolate ice cream because they like the same things. She must have said that fifty times! She really enjoys being like her Daddy. Both her and I got chocolate and peanut butter and Daddy got Rocky Road (or Chocolate Roady as Rylie called it), but she failed to see that her and I were the same. No, it was her and Daddy that were the same! She's such a Daddy's girl!

1 comment:

Ryan and Stephanie said...

I can't wait to get to know Rylie. She's gotta be just the cutest thing! Sophisticated I'm sure.