Sunday, September 9, 2007

Rylie's Remarks

Rylie had a few funny things she said today. I wanted to include them in here, mostly so I don't forget them for the future. I plan on printing my blog out someday for her.
Me: What did you learn about in Sunday School?
Ry: About the first Mommy and Daddy.
Me: What were their names?
Ry: Adam and Joseph
Me: Are you sure it wasn't Adam and Eve?
Ry: No, Adam and Joseph
Me: Where did they live?
Ry: Tacoma, Washington
I need to have a talk with her Sunday School teachers! (I know it was your first day teaching, Dave and Michelle, but Adam and Joseph?!)
All day long Rylie has been calling my Dad, "Grandfather". I asked her where she got "Grandfather" from. Her answer: "Heaven"! Dad loved that one!
She was eating a piece of cake after church tonight and all of the sudden looked sad. I asked her what was wrong. In a forlorn voice, she said, "It's not my Birthday." I agreed that it indeed was not her birthday. She said, "But, I'm eating cake." I told her it was ok to eat cake when it's not your birthday. She remarked, "No, it's not." and pushed the cake away and wouldn't eat any more!
She flipped off the swing because she was trying to swing and push Daddy with one hand (even though he explicitly told her to hold on to her swing with both hands). She got a shiner on her left eye. When people asked her what happened, she said, "My Mommy did it." I wasn't even outside with her! When I reminded her that it was Daddy that was with her, not Mommy, she started telling people that Daddy did it to her. I had to quickly correct her so no one called CPS on us!

2 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

too funny.
When anything good happens to Alicia it was daddy or Nana but when ever something bad happens it was mommy! It makes me laugh and be sad all at the same time.
I love hearing about Rylie!

Michelle said...

LOL! It sounds like Rylie is starting to make stuff up. In Sunday School we didn't even talk about Adam & Eve, let alone Adam & Joseph! We did talk about how God created everything though, and we made a big list. Silly girl! :)