Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Fair!



Here is the link to all of our fair pictures from yesterday. I love the fair! I have only missed one year since I was seven years old! The sights, sounds, smells, tastes, I love all of it! (except for the small fortune it costs!)

We discovered that if you go on the morning of the first day you can get in for free. We had an offer for free parking, but when we got there it was already full. We had to go to the bank to get some cash out so we could pay for parking. It was still cheaper than paying for fair tickets though. They neglect to tell you that you need to bring an extra arm and leg, because that's what it costs you for food! That being said, the food is sooo yummy (other than the Krusty Pup, which tasted like fried fat, which it probably was). A fair burger piled high with grilled onions, warm, flaky scones with raspberry jam. . . now I'm having pregnancy cravings for fair burgers!

Rylie was so excited when she found out that Dora the Explorer was going to be at the fair. We waited in line for an hour and a half so she could tell her hello and give her a hug! The smile on her face was worth it though! She also loved seeing all of the animals, the sheep were her favorite. She had a great time on the rides as well. She even went on an airplane ride that came off the ground. She looked so serious while she was on the rides, but then would let out big smiles every once in awhile. All in all, it was a great day!

This was supposed to be a great post, where you would be able to taste and smell the fair, but alas, I have had a killer headache for the past two days and my brain isn't functioning at full speed. In other news, my OB sent me to the Cardiologist to have an EKG. I have been having three/four heart palpitations every day since I got pregnant. I know this is somewhat common, but my OB wanted me to have it checked out just in case. My EKG was normal, but the Cardiologist said it wasn't very indicative of what was going on since I didn't have a palpitation while I had the EKG. He wants me to come back in for an Echo cardiogram and then he'll also give me a 24 hour halter monitor to wear. I'll let you know more after the 24th.

No comments: