Monday, September 24, 2007

Dr.'s Appointment

For those of you who have been asking, I had my Echo cardiogram this morning. It took about twenty minutes and it was interesting to see an ultrasound of my heart beating and pumping. The tech said he's "not at liberty" to tell me any results of the test. I tried to get him to just go a little lower and do an ultrasound of the baby while he was at it, but he declined. (Bummer!) He did tease me though and said he saw that we were having triplets. I asked him if he then saw the heart attack I was having. Oh goodness, I don't know if I could handle that!
He said the Doctor should get back to me with the results by the end of the week.
They also put a twenty four hour Holter Monitor on me. It records my heart. They also gave me a diary to put my deepest, darkest thoughts in. . . oh, wait, to record anytime I get a palpitation, what time time and what I was doing. I will go back in tomorrow morning to have it removed. I'm not sure if I will get any results from that right away, or if I have to wait for a Doctor to review them first. The monitor is connected to me by four different leads with the wires from those connected to a four inch box I have hanging around my neck. The whole thing is rather itchy.
I have an OB appointment on Thursday afternoon, my Doc will schedule my ultrasound then. It's driving me crazy not knowing the gender of the baby! I want to be able to call it by name and start planning a little more specifically.
Goodnight all!

No comments: