Saturday, September 15, 2007

Puggles!










Here are some pictures from our first night of Puggles! Puggles is a brand new Awana program for two and a half year olds and the three year old kids who turn three after the cutoff date for Cubbies. I have never done Awana before (I wasn't even in it as a kid), but after I heard about this new program I volunteered to be the Director. It was a little crazy of me seeing as I already have about a bazillion other ministries that I'm involved in! But, I wanted Rylie to be part of it, and I figured if I'm going to be there anyway, I might as well lead it! It is the cutest program! A "Puggle" is a baby platypus, and that is their mascot. He also has two friends, Alice the kangaroo, and Sydney the koala bear. I have two wonderful helpers, Ricci and Edi. I am very thankful for them. You can see them in the second photo,helping the kids glue cotton ball "clouds" on their papers. The first photo is Rylie and one of her best friends, Keegan, showing off their new Puggles shirts. The third one is from the end of the evening, when my nephew Luke came to visit. As you can tell, the Puggles love babies! Poor guy, I think he was a little overwhelmed!
The evening is two hours long, which is long for this age, but they did good. It ends at eight, which is most of their bed times, so by the end, some of them were laying on the ground! We are focusing on God as Creator for this first month. This week they learned that God made the light. They even have a "verse", it's really a compilation of several verses that are simplified. They all have to memorize a new one each week. I put together a prize bucket to motivate them to remember. This week's verse is "God made everything." So far, Rylie has told it to me every day without me prompting her! It is so exciting to see these little minds learning more about the Lord!
We also have a time of singing, which is pretty funny for those of you that have heard me sing! I am completely tone deaf! We have a CD with the songs on it, but it's on back order, so until then it's me! My darling husband laughed hysterically when he heard that I was leading the singing. We have a Puggles song that is supposed to be to the tune of, "Twinkle little star". My poor helpers couldn't follow along because my song was to it's own tune!
If you're ever in my neck of the woods on a Wednesday night, come check out these adorable Puggles!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How cute are those little Puggles! Sydney just started AWANA on Thursday and is now the proud owner of her very own Cubbie vest and book. I think it's such a great program for kids!

Well done, you, for being the leader at your church. What a blessing to the Puggles!

Sarah Stout said...

puggles, the name alone makes me smile. isn't it cool to be able to be with your little girl in awana? pretty amazing to be around kids that just absorb everything from playdough to the creator.

Wendy said...

I helped with the singing tooooo :) Anyways that is such a great club!! Remember Pioneer clubs????
I enjoyed hangig out with you and miss you all!!
Luv ya
wendy