Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Newest Luke News!

Here is the email update about Luke, from Pam, his Mommy! Please continue to pray!
Hello everyone...
Luke had his reflux eval today (formerly referred to as the swallow study, but I was corrected!). They did the eval, then took the films to the radiologist who came down to see him herself and talk to me about what she saw. At this point all I know is that his problem isn't reflux, part of his esophagus is constricted to about half to a quarter of the size it should be. We don't know what it is caused by but she thought it might be vessels in his chest that are wrapped around it constricting it. He will have a CT scan to see what the cause is. That isn't scheduled yet but I should hear from our doctor tonight about that. There won't be a plan for treatment until after the CT results come back. It was nice to get an answer to what part of the problem is, however, I was expecting a simple solution to reflux not a different problem all together. I will keep updating everyone as to what is going on and I ask that you please continue to pray for Luke and for Matt and I as well. I am thankful for the answers that we got today and am trusting the Lord to carry us through this scary time. Thank you all for your concern and your prayers.
Love, Pamela

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

we will be praying.
Going to miss you this weekend.
love you!!