Saturday, February 17, 2007

Luke, Rylie, and other thoughts. . .

First, an update on Baby Luke : his Doctor and the Radiologist are concerned that a part of his aorta is wrapped around his esophagus. This is potentially very serious and require surgery. He has a CT scan scheduled for a week from Monday. We won't know anything until then. The good news is that he's feeling much better than he was. His ear and throat infections are clearing up! He was able to stop the reflux medicine that was making him throw up. He is feeling much better! When I saw him today, he was smiling and giggling! He has the biggest dimples that just melt my heart! Please continue to pray for him and his family!
On the potty front, things are going good! Twice this weekend, Rylie's asked to go to the potty and actually gone! I'm so proud of her! Today we bought her some pull ups! She thinks they are "Dora Panties" and is quite excited about them! She was rather upset though when she accidentally went potty in them. Which is a good sign! I'm beginning to wonder if we'll be buying her real panties for her Birthday next month?! I've heard there are portable potty seats you can fold up and take with you so when you're not at home they can still feel comfortable to go potty.
Anybody know where I can find one?
We had a great time the other night on our double date! We were able to spend time with some friends that we haven't been able to spend much time with lately! Then, on Wed, we had Becky and "Arnon" (as Rylie calls him :)) over to watch Lost. They brought us dinner and coffee! My wonderful husband brought me beautiful roses and a loving card! Thursday night, Rylie got to spend some quality time with her Nana, her Aunt Elisa, and her cousins Gabe and Bryan (Bean)! She had a blast! She didn't even care that Ryan and I were leaving to go to Bible study! She loves her cousins! (And her Nana and Aunts! :)) And Aunt Elisa bought her some new toys for Valentines so she had fun with that too! Friday night we spent time together as a family! We went out to dinner and to the Christian bookstore. I found a new Amish book! I thought I'd read all of Beverly Lewis' books, but I found a new series of four books that I haven't read yet! So I bought the first one. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to read it yet. Tonight we had our Fellowship 8's Dinner at our house. Which meant, a day of shopping, cleaning, and cooking. But, the reward was a wonderful dinner with friends and ministry partners!
So, there it is, I haven't posted in a couple days, so you end up with a less than exciting run down of my week! :) Hope you all had a wonderful week and will enjoy the Lord's day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, check out http://www.onestepahead.com/product/117/150774/117.html#readmore for a travel potty. This one folds up and has a bag to carry it in.

momaof4 said...

I was going to say the same thing.
We even bought the little blow up potty, and have had to use it a few times too. But I am sure with renae we will need it LOTS more.