Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Blessings to a Mom's Heart

Me: Mommy loves?
Rylie: Rylie!
Me: Who else loves Rylie?
Rylie: Daddy and Mommy!
Me: Who does Rylie love?
Rylie: Jesus!

She's also been telling me lately that God made her toes, her eyes ("blue, Mommy"), her ears, her "two knees", etc. And of course that He made play dough!

She told our friend Rachel that she was sitting where "Daddy sits and reads Bible". She is more observant than we know! And, I am so thankful that she has such a wonderful Daddy to observe!

At church we have a t.v. in the Fellowship Hall that plays the sermon for overflow, crying babies, etc. Rylie and Abby have dubbed it the "Papa Show" (because they see their Grandpa on t.v. preaching). Yesterday, when Rylie saw her Daddy on the t.v. she said, "Daddy on t.v.!". I asked her if it was the "Daddy Show", she looked at me like I was very silly and said, "No, it's Papa Show". I asked her if Daddy was just a guest on the "Papa Show" and she told me yes! (Ryan wasn't too pleased about that.)

Four times on the potty yesterday! (and lots of M & M's)

Randomly, she'll look at me like I'm the only person in her world and say "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" in the sweetest voice I've ever heard! (yes, she's also done this to Daddy)

All these, and many more, are blessings to my heart!

No comments: