Saturday, February 20, 2010

MRI Results

I have medical proof that my brain is normal! Thankfully, the MRI revealed no bleeds, growths, or abnormalities! The doctor said that I am just having these migraines from a myriad of different triggers and so she wants to put me on a medicine that will calm and heal the nerves in my brain and prevent future migraines. It will be a slow process, I will have to titrate up to a full dose over the course of a couple of months. I was sold though when I asked her what the possible side effects were and she said, "weight loss"! I am going back for a follow up in three weeks to see how I am tolerating it. Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me and encouraging me! It means more to me than you know!

5 comments:

Janice said...

Amy, I'm so glad there wasn't anything found on the MRI. I hope this medicine works. I'll keep praying.

Angela Miller said...

Amy, that is wonderful news! I will be praying that the medicine works quickly and that you will be free of migraines :)

red-headed Wilson's said...

So nice to hear you are normal. I have wondered for a long time. :)

J/K so glad that is taken care of and you can take something for the pain.


LOVE YOU

KLB said...

Good news!! Its always scary waiting for those kind of results.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness amy! you have been through an ordeal! i'm glad nothing serious was found on the mri. do you think it could possibly be related to food allergies?