Monday, July 16, 2007

Exciting News!


Did you read Rylie's shirt? Yes, she is going to be a big sister! I am 6 weeks pregnant! I took two tests last Saturday night, then went to the Doctor on Wednesday to confirm it. We told our family and our church so now I can tell you all!
When we told Rylie, she said, "where's the baby's bottle?". Ryan said the baby is eating from Mommy and Rylie said, "Oh, Mommy the baby's food is in your neck!" When we asked her if she wanted a brother or sister, she said, "a boy sister". She's since changed her mind and decided that "boys are yucky". She likes to talk to the baby and tries to look through my belly button to see the baby.
We told our family by putting the big sister shirt on Rylie and waiting until they noticed. My Dad and sister-in-law, Pam noticed immediately. It took my Mom and brother a little bit longer. We couldn't find a time to get together with Ryan's side of the family so we just told them over the phone. Everyone was very excited!
As I mentioned, I had my Doctor's appt. on Wednesday. I really liked my OB that I had with Rylie, but he has since retired from OB so I had to find a new one. I was really nervous to go to a new OB that I didn't' know at all, but I really liked him. His practice is a fairly new one, so he doesn't have very many patients yet, he has lots of time to spend with us. He made me feel very comfortable. He already did an ultrasound, he has one in his office. We couldn't see much yet, since it's so small, but we go back in on August 1 for another ultrasound. Right now, he's estimating the due date to be March 7th, but we'll know more definitely after the ultrasound. Rylie's birthday is March 11, I just don't want them to be born on the same day!
I have been exhausted and feeling nauseous on and off, especially when I get overheated.
So, there you have it, our exciting news!

5 comments:

momaof4 said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!
I have been waiting...;)
That is the cutes shirt ever. We did that with all 3 boys. Seriously you would think people pay attention to what kids wear! It took forever. Then they said they were afraid to ask :)
Probebly thought we were crazy!
Love you lots and can't wait to meet Wood baby #2

red-headed Wilson's said...

YIPPEE. I have been wondering when this announcement would come. I am happy for your little family!

Bananas said...

wow... congratulations. Very exciting!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful WONDERFUL news! Will be keeping you and baby in my prayers.

Tarrah said...

Congratulations! Number 2 is soooo much fun. I'm very happy for you.