Monday, July 23, 2007

Dry

I've been feeling spiritually dry lately. I know it's my fault, I haven't been consistent in spending time with the Lord in His Word or in prayer. I have plenty of excuses, I haven't been feeling good, I'm tired, Rylie distracts me, etc. But, I know that these excuses don't fly. I need to make my time with the Lord a priority. It's amazing how much better I feel when I am walking closely with the Lord. Ryan has been noticing lately that I have been feeling a bit moody. Yesterday, as I was hurrying Rylie to the car she said, "Remember the patience song Mom, be patient". That was very humbling and convicting. She was exactly right.
Have any of you experienced feeling spiritually dry? What have you done to jump start your spiritual hunger? I'd love it if you would leave comments and we could have a little discussion.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I know this is oh sooo late but im catching up and man I sooooo agree. Especially with everything thats going on in my life there have been days i 4get my devotion and to pray or something and then i too look back at why my day was so ickey and i realized i didn't invite God to join me and so then I pray and ask 4 4giveness ut then I go and read pasages of PSALMS!! Anyways I miss you and love you see you soon
wendy