Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lot's to say!


I haven't had a second to post lately. There have been several posts ruminating in my mind however. I would really like to clean up some of this mess of a house before I have to feed Anna again, so I won't make this post as long as I'd like.
Our visit to my Grandma's went well. I think she enjoyed the distraction of her newest Great Grandaughter. We found out that she does indeed have Ovarian Tissue Cancer. Women have ovarian tissue in their breasts, stomach lining, and of course ovaries. She has the cancer throughout all of these places. She will start Chemo this Wednesday and have it once every three weeks. The doctor told her that if she does Chemo she has an 80% chance of a good quality of life for the next two-three more years. If she doesn't do Chemo it will be a painful, swift death. Thankfully she chose to do the Chemo. She is upset that she will lose her hair. She is very strong though! While we were there she fell in a parking lot and we had to call 911. After an afternoon at the hospital, she was okay, but it was a little scary. I did not like seeing her laying on the pavement as it rained down on her, or hearing the sirens, knowing they were for her. She fell right in front of Rylie, which upset Rylie quite a bit. She cried for awhile and kept telling me she was worried about her.
While we were there, we got a phone call saying that a sweet man from our church unexpectedly passed away. We had the funeral for him today. That is him and his wife in the picture, when they came to visit Anna in the hospital. I'm so thankful that I got a picture of them together just a month ago! We are also very thankful that he was a faithful follower of the Lord and is with Him in glory!
Anna had a doctor's appointment this week and we found out that she is in the 80% for height! This cracked us up, because Ryan and I have never been considered tall! She is in the 25% for weight, so we think she might be built like my brother. She did gain ten oz in the past week and a half! She now weighs 8.11 and is 22 1/4 inches long. She did not like her shot! The poor thing had the most pitiful cry with her bottom lip sticking out.
Yesterday I had one of those, "I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a Mom" days. There were lots of tears on mine and Anna's part. I won't go into all the details, but we were having some feeding problems. I'll save that for another post, suffice it to say I ran the gammet of emotions from guilty to thankful.
Off to do laundry!

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

Love you friend.

Keren said...

What a great picture of Hilda and Gerwin!! I am praying for you and Anna and your "feeding issues :)" and I will see you tomorrow night with the sleep wedge!!