Thursday, April 24, 2008

Week 1: Weigh In

A few people have told me that they are wanting to make a lifestyle change towards weight loss. I thought it would be fun if we all did this together. You can do whatever, "diet" or exercise routine that works for you. We will keep each other accountable. You can leave a comment in the comments section with things that are working for you and how much you've lost each week, or a link to your blog (if you have one) if you do a post about it. I think other people are very motivating!
I had a very exciting first week, I lost 5 pounds!!! 70 to go!
I went to the Biggest Loser site and did the weight calculator. It told me what my BMI was and what it should be, my ideal body weight, and the amount of calories I should shoot for every day. It said I should try for 1400 calories a day. I have been sticking to that and it has actually been easier than I thought. I'm also staying away from deserts and only eating when I'm hungry (when my stomach growls) and stopping when I'm full. I'm also trying to exercise. I'm not doing as well in this department. I walked with my sister in law for an hour one day this week, but other than that, I haven't done any formal exercise. However, I also haven't sat down at all, (except for when feeding Anna) so I am getting some exercise through housework, etc. My plan is to walk with Pam two days a week, Davina two days a week, do a workout DVD, and treadmill. I much prefer walking with friends, so if anyone wants to go walking let me know! That gets my girls outside too!
Thanks to my personal barista, Jenaya, I found out that if you get an Americano with sugar free vanilla syrup, it is no calories! The sugar free chocolate syrup is 40 calories. Good to know for all of us coffee addicts!
Leave a comment and let me know how you're doing and go read Ryan's post today about repentance, very convicting!

3 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

Well I am going to be doing this for one month so if you want to follow along with me here is my blog
http://red-headedwilsons.blogspot.com/

I am proud of you Amy for taking on your endevour! You are doing good and we are all so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the first week-- which is the hardest week, I think!
You've inspired me to keep going on my endeavor. Thank you! I set out at the beginning of March to lose some weight and I did lose 2/3of what I'd hoped for, but then I started not keeping as close of track of my calories and stopped losing. I need to get back on track!
You mentioned you've been hungry. You've probably heard this, but I've found it really was helpful to eat small meals frequently rather than 3 larger meals. That way I don't get too hungry and overeat.
I'd love to find a time to come and walk with you!
Love you! Kristin

Anonymous said...

5 pounds in 1 week, that is awesome Amy!! Good Job, keep it up, you'll be amazed how quickly your body will feel better. You don't have to reach your goal to feel healthy, you'll feel healthier with each pound lost. You will also increase your energy with each day of healthy eating and exercise. Who doesn't want more energy? Have a great day Amy.
Love, Sara