Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weighty Issues

I had my postnatal checkup the other day and was surprised to find out that I weigh more than I thought I did. I have been losing weight since I had Anna and even fit into some jeans that are a size smaller than before I was pregnant, but I still have a long ways to go. 75 pounds to go, to be exact. I decided I'm going to tell you all, my internet friends, so that I can be accountable. I was going to tell you my weight each week, but I am not that brave. Let's just say that it is high! Instead, I will tell you every week how much I've lost. My goal is to lose 75 pounds by Christmas, that's around 10 pounds a month. I'm going to eat less (around 1400 calories a day), eat healthier (no more deserts), and move more. I'm still trying to figure out an exercise plan. I'm going to go walking with my sister in law two days a week, but beyond that, I haven't decided. I do have a workout DVD and a treadmill at home. I would like to join a gym (maybe Curves) but I'm not comfortable leaving my girls (especially Anna) with strangers. If anyone has any great ideas for me, let me know.
I will post every Thursday on how much I've lost so far. Since I don't want to be humiliated in front of all of you, this should be good motivation.
I started yesterday and so far, I'm hungry! That should change once my stomach shrinks. I was thrilled to find out that a skinny cinnamon dulce latte from Starbucks is under 100 calories!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You go, girl! I admire your honesty! As a mommy who is still working on that issue three years after my second child, I am here for you! I LOVE to walk too, so you have another option if you need it. (I tried the gym thing, but the overcrowded, teenager-run childcare creeped me out, too. Now I just plain can't afford it!)

Rachel said...

Good for you! Just keep the motivation. You must be doing good if you fit into pre-pregnant pants! It is hard to be faithful to go somewhere a couple times a week, but maybe you could get one of those treadmills and put it downstairs. Maybe get a little tv to watch while you're doing it and pick a couple nights a week while Ryan is home. That's what I would do, if we had a downstairs. Well, I miss you, and I'll talk to you later.

Love, Rachel

momaof4 said...

Good for you! I am about to do the same thing. 3.5 years later, I have done nothing, but eat. :) So you go girl. You have given me the encouragement to go for it too.

Love you!!!!

Ryan and Stephanie said...

You can do it Aim! Remeber my friend Jenn who was in my wedding? She just lost 60 pounds! To announce it to me, she got her picture taken in her now way too big bride's maid dress and sent it to me. It was special.
Here's my advice (not much coming from a normally skinny person, but it's totally very helpful) DRINK LOTS OF WATER! Hey, I lost 20 pounds at once, I know a little bit about what it means to lose weight.