Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wordy Wednesday!

Recently, a couple people have told me that when they pull up my blog it freezes their computer for a few minutes. I think this is because of all of the pictures that I post. I'm working on trying to make them smaller, but in the meantime, I will forgo posting new pictures. This is so hard for me, I am a scrapbooker at heart! So, for a while, you will just get my random musings!
I have really been enjoying my devotions this week. I have put some of the things that I learned from our Women's Retreat into practice and it has helped tremendously.
Today, I was reading Psalm 78. I have been taking out all of the things that I see that teach more about who God is, His character. But, today in between all of the wonderful things I saw about the Lord (22 things!) I also came across a verse that encouraged me. I have been feeling like I am just getting through the day lately (probably because I've been really busy and sick), and not purposefully living out my day. Especially when it comes to Rylie. Don't get me wrong, I take care of her and play with her, etc. But I haven't been focused on teaching her the Word. In this Psalm today, it talked about the commands to the Israelites to teach their children and even the unborn ones, the future generations about God, and His commands, and all He had done for them. Verse 7 is the one that gave a reason for this, "Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands." This verse was encouraging to me because it kind of gave me a motivation, a purpose statement. I need to have some goals. I have had these goals for my children, but it was good to find them stated so succinctly in this verse. I think it's one I need to commit to memory!

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

I don't know if it is your pictures or not. I want to say I don't think it is cuase other blogs post lots of picts too.
It can get crazy trying to figure all this stuff out!

I love your Wordy Wednesday!

Jessica said...

My computer never freezes or take to long to load. Its either their computer or they have dial-up(yuk!). I love the pics you take!