Tuesday, October 16, 2007

25 Years of Ministry


Wow! What a celebration! My parents have been ministering at our church for 25 years. In this day and age of Pastors going from church to church, it is an amazing accomplishment to be faithful in one ministry for 25 years. We are so proud of them, and of course give the glory to God. We had a special service Sunday morning with presentations and a Message from my cousin, Jerry, who is also a Pastor. The Sunday School classes also did a special program. Rylie's class was supposed to sing, "You are my Sunshine", but they all just stood there with deer in the headlights eyes. Rylie had practiced all week and knew all the words, but I guess it was a little intimidating to be standing in front of all those people.
Sunday evening we had a Banquet for them. It was a catered event. We had different people share memories and honor Mom and Dad and the Lord.
This whole celebration has been a lot of fun to plan and also a lot of work. This is why I haven't been blogging much lately. There have been a million details to attend to. But, it was all worth it to see the smiles on my parent's faces!
Here is a link to all of the rest of the pictures from the celebrations:

4 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Amy, it's good to hear from you. I am excited to check out your blog. Congrats to your parents. What service!

Ryan and Stephanie said...

Shucks, I couldn't look at the pictures tonight, but I'll be back on tomorrow to see them.

Jessica said...

That was such a great Banquet! You did a wonderful job!

Wendy said...

It made me cry to see all those pics!!! I am sooooo bummed I wasn't there!!! gramma said there is gonna be a video or something!!
I got the card from u and Becky and Thank you for putting a smile on my face! I Found out unofficially i have 2 brakes in the ribcage! im blogging later but i have been in some pain in the backpart of the ribcage and so doc had me go get xrays done and the tech showed me the pics and plain as day 2 breaks!! i probably should have emailed this to you! oh well :)
love you!
wendy