Monday, June 15, 2009

Random

Thank you to all of you who told me you were praying for me. I ended up going to the doctor yesterday and found out I have Bronchitis. They gave me some antibiotics, so I should be feeling better soon. While I was there, they tested me for Swine Flu! They came in wearing masks, gloves, and gowns to give me a nasal swab. Thankfully, it was negative!
When we got home from church last night, Rylie realized that she had left her special doll at Grandma and Grandpa's house. She was heartbroken and in tears, so she called Grandpa to ask him to babysit her baby for her and give her kisses for her. Grandpa felt so sad for Rylie that he drove all the way out here to bring her her baby! She was thrilled!
Rylie told me yesterday that she wasn't a very good fighter. I told her that was ok, she doesn't need to be. She (with passion in her voice) told me that she needs to be a good fighter because she really wants to be a super hero!
She has been wanting to wear "bastik (basket) dresses", which are skirts.
Anna had a blast at Luke's birthday party on Saturday. She finally decided that she was one of the big kids and so if she was going to keep up with them, she needed to walk with them. She walked all over the place, inside and outside! She thought she was pretty big stuff!

4 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I love when you talk about the kids. I don't get to see them so this helps me get to know them. :) They sound like such great kids. I love how our parents LOVE our kid so much. I was thinking he had better have brought Rylie her doll! :) Glad to hear he did! Your dad is a good grandpa.

momaof4 said...

I hope you feeling better!!! And that is to funny how they came into your room for a nose swab! Goodness.

Are you coming South at all??? Miss you.

Heather said...

Glad to hear you should be feeling better soon!
I love the story about Grandpa and the babydoll! Too cute! :-)
See you Sunday!
Heather

Sarah said...

Grandpas are such suckers for their grandkids! My dad followed the kids and I all the way home a few months ago when Allan was out of town and I was driving on a spare tire.

Hope those meds kick in and get you feeling better! We could use a playdate.