Thursday, August 7, 2008

Weigh In and Walker






Anna started using her walker yesterday. I know, I know, walkers aren't recommended any more, but the stairs to the basement are always locked and I don't have things she can pull down on top of her. I'm very cautious with her. That aside, she loves it! She is figuring out how to make it move but is mostly just going backwards. Aren't those the cutest chubby little legs?!

Since chubby legs aren't so cute on grown ups, I'm going back on my diet. This time, Ryan's joining me. That will make it so much easier for me! We will be eating the same things so I won't feel deprived of something. Plus, I'm pretty competitive, so that will be an added incentive! I had started my diet a few months ago and managed to loose 10lbs. That might not sound like a lot, but what I didn't realize at the time was that I was pregnant, so 10 lbs is actually a lot. I couldn't figure out why my stomach hadn't shrunk and why I was constantly hungry and having intense cravings! It should be easier this time around, not that I don't have those pesky hormones constantly telling me I need chocolate, etc!

We actually started on Monday and I'm ashamed to tell you that I weigh five more pounds than Ryan! So far, we have both lost five pounds, so he's still ahead of me. We are counting our calories and he has given up Pepsi. For those of you who know my husband well, know what a big deal that is! My goal is to loose 65 lbs. I'll include a "before" picture of us, so you can see how thin we are in a couple of months!

6 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

You know what I am most excited about!!!! That in 1 month both my kids will be in school for 2.5 hours at the same time. I am joining a gym!!! I am stoked. Cannot wait to get some of this weight off. I love gyms but never could go with kids. When I lose my first 10 pounds I am getting my hair cut. The next 10 pounds I will get some new clothes! I need to lose about 25, maybe 30. My goal is before our WDW trip in January! So 4 months. AAAAAAAAA

Angela Miller said...

That's wonderful that you can do it together! I can't wait to see your progress.

Keren said...

I've had a few friends do "the biggest loser" with their hubbies and it seems to work a lot better that way!! Good luck to you both...I cant imagine giving up soda...eeekkk!! But that will probably drop off the weight fast! All that darn sugar! :( I cant wait to see your skinny pics!!!

Ryan and Stephanie said...

Anna is sooo beautiful! Look at that smile!

KLB said...

Are you just counting your calories? what else... I too am trying to loose wait! it sucks! to be frank he he

Good luck!

Sarah said...

Good for you, Amy! I know you guys are going to do great. (BTW I have been trying so hard to lose a little weight too, but was so discouraged to see that my weight was still staying exactly the same. Then I found out that my migraine medication makes you gain weight...so I guess I have been just breaking even all the time! So frustrating!)