Thursday, August 14, 2008

Week 2 Weigh In

I'm very encouraged! I lost four more pounds this week. This brings my weight loss total up to nine pounds! 61 more to go. Ryan is out of town at the moment so I don't have his weight loss totals for this week. We used a calorie counting site to figure out how many calories we each need to eat every day to loose weight and then meet that figure every day. It has been much easier this time around, since I'm not pregnant. I'm not constantly starving all of the time!

Please pray for my Grandma today. She goes in at 1:00 for a double heart stint. This surgery comes with good and bad news. The good news is that she needs this for her heart and they are putting in the best kind of stints. The bad news is that this means that she can't have surgery to remove the cancer for a year after the stints are put in. Without this cancer surgery it cuts her survival chances in half. She said she doesn't think she'll make it till next year for the cancer surgery. I think the plan right now is to continue the Chemo. Please pray primarily for her and my Grandpa's salvation. We also desire her healing and removal of pain. I'll update after I hear how her surgery goes today.

2 comments:

Amanda Hug'n Kiss said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! That is such a great start, whatever you are doing is certainly working!

I'll be praying for your grandma. Thankfully God already knows what she needs! And he can give peace to anyone who needs it:)

Ryan said...

Weighed this morning and I've lost an additional 5 lbs. So, Honey, I'm still ahead of you by one pound ;)!