Saturday, August 23, 2008

Prayer Needed

Please pray for my Mother in Law/Love, Patty as we got the pathology report back today. She has Pancreatic Andenocarcinoma. Translation: the worst kind of pancreatic cancer. She is in Stage 1b, which is an early stage. Most people don't even know they have this type of cancer by this stage, so it is a praise that they were able to catch it early. She had the most aggressive type of surgery too, which is a good thing. They don't think it spread anywhere else, but they will know more when she meets with the Oncologist. Then we will have more of a prognosis too. From our research online, it doesn't look very good, but I don't even want to get into that tonight! Please pray for my husband also as he is dealing with this and has to preach two services tomorrow, teach Sunday School, and do some marriage counseling, as well as deal with various other ministry related things. His hope is in the Lord, but he is also exhausted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better for your family. I'm praying for you guys! Just remember that cancer doesn't control the future; the Lord does. We love you! Judi

KLB said...

I will keep you and his mom in my prayers. Cancer is the scariest thing to me. I just know she will be fine. Especially if they caught it so fast and were able to operate.
Love you guys!
K

red-headed Wilson's said...

Love you Amy and Ryan! Boy you guys have had very full plates lately. I'm so sorry.