Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

My thoughts this week are on God's unfailing love (from Ps. 33:5). His love for us is unconditional. That means that no matter what I do, or don't do, He will allways love me. This has nothing to do with me! Contrary to popular belief, it is not all about me. I/we don't deserve His love at all. There's nothing we do to earn His love. He loves us because it intrinsically part of His character. It is who He is. When He shows love to us, it benefits us, but more importantly, it brings Him glory and praise, which is what this Psalm is about.
He takes joy in showing us love, all creation is an expression of His love. Of course the ultimate example of His unfailing love was sending His Son to humble Himself to be born on the Earth and suffer the abuse of an arrest and ultimetly dying on the cross for us. He loved us so much that He suffered a horrible death! That is unfailing love! It was also extremely loving that He rose again and offers us new life!
For a long time I really struggled with being able to say that God loves me, I felt somehow that that was self focused because He loves me for His glory. But, I have really been reminded that He loves me like a Father. He doesn't just love me because it brings Him glory, He loves me because He created me and He is my Heavenly Father. He desires to have a relationship with me because He loves me. Amazing!
He deserves much more praise and glory than we could possibly ever give Him!

No comments: