Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

Two weeks ago, I started a study in Psalm 33. I found 14 reasons to praise God. Last week, I explored what it means by "His Word is right and true". This week I was thinking about the second reason, "He is faithful in all He does". This comes from verse 4. I looked up "faithful" in some Hebrew dictionaries and lexicons. The words used to describe this word were, trustworthy, realiable, steadfast, dependable, true, fidelity. These are definetly descriptive of God! He is by His very nature, faithful. He is faithful in His perfection, in His sinlessness. He has never sinned, nor will ever sin. What a comfort! The One who is in charge will be faithful to remain Holy. He is faithful to all of His promises. He promised to save me, adopt me as a joint heir with Christ, to keep me, to sustain me, to love me, to show me mercy, to protect me, to provide for me, to commune with me. . . I could go on and on. I do not deserve a single particle of any of these things. I am but dust, but He will be faithful to keep these promises to me! Amazing! (Thank you!) He is also faithful in His warnings of judgement and punishment. You can believe and trust in everything that He says.
I love Mount Rainier. Everytime I look at it, I feel a sense of power and permanence. I feel like it is realiable, it's not going to change or move. How much more powerful and immutable God is! Thousands upon thousands of times more reliable! This is a central part of God's character. This brings Him glory. He is not faithful to us to be nice to us, He is faithful to us because that is who He is and it brings Him glory. We just get the benefits of it. I need to not take things for granted or by any means assume that I deserve something. I need to be greatful for His faithfulness to me and others and give Him the praise and glory that He deserves! In this world of shifting shadows and unreliabilty around every corner I am so thankful I have a Rock that is called Faithful!

1 comment:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I think about that often when people say life isn't fair, or this event in my life is not fair. I want to say yes it is. What is not "fair" is that we are given His grace and love and can spend eternity with Him. We do not deserve THAT. We do deserve everything else, as we are sinners. We do not deserve the blessings he bestows on us. But he is faithful to His children.