Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Crafts

I love reading all the creative blogs out there, especially at this time of the year. Every year, I try to add some sort of homemade element to my Christmas gifts. I would love to do more this year, but I'm feeling a little behind, so I don't think that will be happening. I do have a fun, different Christmas gift idea that I will tell you about after Christmas. (I'm giving it to my best friend, Becky for Christmas, so I can't reveal it until after she gets it!)
Here are a couple things I made the other night. Rylie wanted to give her friends at school something so I made these lollipops out of candy canes for her to give to them. They turned out okay, but I burned my fingers 500 times making them!
I got these little notebooks from the Dollar store (3 for $1) and alerted/embellished them some to make them cuter. I used scrapbook paper/supplies that I already had on hand so it only cost me .33 a piece. Not a bad price!
I got some cute free things (that I will have to tell you about after Christmas!), but I needed some kind of holder for them, so I made these paper holders. They would work as a gift card holder as well.
I had bought a Jamba Juice gift card that didn't come with a gift card holder, so I made one for it. I found this idea on another blog (I don't remember which one to give it credit.), to make a gift card holder out of an empty toilet paper roll! I thought it turned out cute, Ryan was a little grossed out! I hope the person I'm giving it to isn't grossed out as well!




1 comment:

red-headed Wilson's said...

Nice job Amy!
Next week I am doing Christmas project with my kids while they are on break. These are the ones I am really excited about. Maybe you can add these this year or next year.

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/snowy-ornaments