Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

I love the smell of pumpkins being carved. It just smells like Fall to me. Saturday night we went to Ryan's Mom's house to carve our pumpkins. Rylie was really into it this year, which was fun. She helped get all of the guts out of her pumpkin and helped Ryan carve it. (She's making a ghost face in these pictures.)
Anna cried when I showed her the pumpkin guts! Thankfully, Aunt Teetee had a "Mr. Potato Head" type kit for pumpkins. Anna loved it and picked out which eyes, etc. she wanted on her pumpkin. She was very proud of it.
This year we decided to keep the seeds and roast them. I tried three different recipes, but the ones we liked the best were the regular salted ones.
Anna has been having a runny nose the past few days, but seems to be feeling okay other than that. My throat keeps hurting more and more. My wonderful husband got up with the girls this morning so I could sleep in so I can get better.
Rylie seems to have the best immune system of all of us, so hopefully she won't get sick. She is very concerned because a couple of her friends have Swine Flu. She has been praying for them!
I had started doing the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred again, but now I cough when I move too much, so that's put on hold. I did manage to get some housecleaning done yesterday and a loaf of zucchini bread made. I'm going to try to take it a little easier today and eat some soup. I need a Chai though. I always wish Starbucks delivered!
Pictures from Rylie's pumpkin patch field trip coming soon!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the pic with Brian -- it looks like he's pulling an arm out of his pumpkin! And Anna is so cute!

God Made Playdough said...

Ha! I didn't notice that before in the picture of Bryan! :) That's funny! This is Anna's new photo face, she has started doing it every time I get the camera out. Cheesey! :)