Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happenings




The girls and I had a great time at the beach last week. A few posts back, I put a link to all my pictures. There are some adorable ones in there. Some of the highlights of the trip for me was kayaking for the first time, playing in the ocean with my girls, and bonding time with my family, especially my nieces who I haven't seen in a really long time.
This week we started Vacation Bible School. Our theme this year is "Camp Creation". I am co teaching the four year old class. It has been fun, but we are all wiped out when we are done each day. Rylie's favorite part of VBS so far has been the puppet, who also happens to be her Daddy. This year he is "Aussie Bob".
Yesterday we took the girls to the park since it was finally cool enough to enjoy being outdoors.
It has been a busy, but fun couple of weeks with a busy and fun few weeks still to come.
It felt so good today to get a ton of housework done and to really feel like I accomplished something. I also have been doing a little packing because next week we are taking a trip to Idaho. It will be an eight hour drive so I'm trying to find things for the girls, especially Anna to do in the car. In the dollar section at Target, I found some Dr. Seuss magnets and mini dry erase boards. I put those on cookie sheets so they have a magnet/activity board. I also bought them cheap tote bags to put all of their car activities in. Rylie is very excited about it because I won't let her play with any of the things I'm putting in there until the trip. I could use ideas though, if anyone has any!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy ~ You should check out MomsMinivan.com They have some great games and ideas

Becky Makin