Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Anna Update

I took Anna in to the doctor for her follow up appointment today. She had a fever of almost 104. They were concerned because they couldn't pinpoint the exact cause. They ended up having to do another cath today. I'll spare you the details, but she was not a happy girl. It made me cry.
The doctor said he could do further blood work and cultures to find out why she has had three of these fevers in the last few months, but he felt like she had been through enough today. She has her 18 month well baby check up with her primary physician in September, so he felt comfortable waiting until then and having her primary investigate. He told us she was fine to go on our trip as long as we keep her hydrated. Right now she is about 5% dehydrated. It doesn't get dangerous until they are 50% dehydrated, so I was relieved at that. She has been drinking some today and we're going to keep pushing the fluids.
I just checked on her in her bed and she is burning up, even with the Motrin in her and she's moaning. However, earlier this evening she was playing and had more energy. I'm really praying that she's on the mend.
Poor Rylie is crying and yelling a lot in her sleep tonight too, which is why Mommy is up at 1:30 in the morning!
I had to apologize to Rylie tonight for being grumpy. She told me that she forgives me and that she hopes I can know the Lord more and more! She is so right!
We are leaving bright and early in the morning for our trip. Since we will be staying at a ranch in the middle of nowhere, we won't have Internet service. I have scheduled some posts to appear during this next week, so keep checking back.
Thank you to all of you who have been concerned for our little Anna and have been praying for her!

No comments: