Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Frugal Tip


Here's a little frugal tip I recently heard about and tried. When you open a can of fruit, instead of just draining the can and throwing the juice away, freeze it and make your own popsicles with it! Some fruit juice will taste great on their own, like pineapple, others might need to be mixed together (for example, you could store the juice from the can of pears in the fridge for a day or so until you open the can of peaches and then mix the juices and freeze them). A couple weeks ago, I used a small can of pineapples for a pizza I was making and then froze the juice that was left in the can in these popsicle containers (I think I got them from the Dollar Store). A small can made 5 small popsicles. As you can see from the picture, Rylie loved it! I'd love to hear if you have any frugal tips you want to share!

No comments: