Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thoughts on Spiritual Discipline

I came across this quote from John Wesley while I was reading Disciplines of a Godly Woman, I thought it was good enough to share with you all!
"O God, fill my soul with so entire a love of Thee that I may love nothing but for Thy sake and in subordination to Thy love. Give me grace to study Thy knowledge daily that the more I know Thee, the more I may love Thee. Create in me a zealous obedience to all Thy commands, a cheerful patience under all Thy chastisements, and a thankful resignation to all Thy disposals. Let it be the one business of my life to glorify Thee by every word of my tongue, by every work of my hand, by professing Thy truth, and by engaging all men, so far as in me lies, to glorify and love Thee."

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great quote!

I'm so excited you have started a blog!! I'm really looking forward to reading about your life adventures, and it'll be a wonderful way to stay connected to what's going on in your life.

I'm off to add your link to my blog.

momaof4 said...

WOW, I may have to use this one too. And share it with some friends down here.
love u