Wednesday, May 4, 2011

True Woman | Praying for . . . Me

True Woman | Praying for . . . Me

Nancy’s Personal Petitions

  • Guard my heart. Make and keep it pure. Protect me from the schemes and attacks of the Evil One.
  • Fill me with Your love. Help me to love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Make me compassionate and sensitive to the needs of others around me.
  • Fill me with Your Spirit. May I be emptied of myself and filled with Jesus. Anoint my life and ministry with supernatural power.
  • Clothe me in humility. May I be poor in spirit. May I esteem all others as better than myself. May I not seek to impress others, but only to please You.
  • Make me a servant. Help me to serve You with gladness; to render each act of service as unto Christ; to joyously accept even “menial” or “unfulfilling” responsibilities.
  • Guard my tongue. May I speak only words that are true, words that help and heal, words that are wise and kind.
  • Give me wisdom and discernment. Help me to see all of life from Your point of view. May my life be ruled by the wisdom of Your Word.
  • Give me a grateful spirit. Help me to give thanks in everything. Help me to acknowledge and express the benefits and blessings that I have received from You and others. Protect me from a discontented heart and a murmuring tongue.
  • Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. May my life show the world how great You are. May I be willing to step out in faith when I cannot see the outcome, and may my life not be explainable in human terms.
  • Teach me the fear of the Lord. Help me to practice the conscious, constant awareness of Your presence. Help me to live my life in light of the final judgment and as one who will give account to You.
This is from Nancy Deigh LeMoss, click the link at the top to read the full article. I thought it was a great list to remember what things to pray for for ourselves so that God would be glorified in our lives. It's also a great list of things to pray for other people. I definetly need work on my prayer life, and lists like this help me. Hopefully it encourages you today too!

No comments: