Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Directions

  1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
  2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

This turned out great! And it was so easy to make in the crock pot. I didn't even thaw my chicken first. Then after dinner, after I put away the leftovers, there was still half a crockpot left of broth/sauce, so I decided to make soup! I had leftover turkey in the freezer from Christmas, I added chicken broth, veggies and noodles and turned the crock pot back on. I love when you can make two meals out of things you already have on hand!

No comments: